Thread: Artrage2

Post Artrage2

I found this piece of software about a year ago. It was designed primarily as a highly realistic digital art program, but it has enough tools to be used as a map maker as well. Does anyone use this program (for map making or otherwise)?
    http://www.artrage.com

I have used it with my tablet pc. It is a fun program. I have one map where I used it to make a cliff face and waterfall. It worked pretty good for that. I would love to have more time to play with it. I wish it did watercolor as well as oil based paints, I have been looking for a program that would let me make watercolor tinted symbols well. I fiddled with painter X, but it cannot do transparencies when using it's watercolor mode.

I have attached what I did with it. The map is mostly CC3, with SS2, but the cliff and waterfall I did with Artrage2

Dean
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vale of highmen labeled.PNG 
Views:	70 
Size:	3.28 MB 
ID:	11933  
    Last edited by deanatglobe; 03-31-2009 at 10:06 PM.
    Dean

\"Nonsense, your only saying that because no-one ever has!\"

Have you tried rasterizing (sp?) the watercolor symbol you make? Within the program itself, I believe, Painter's watercolour tools are all based on vectors and followup "brush strokes" which interact with each other. Perhaps transparency etc is maintained when you convert from the watercolour layer to a "normal" layer?