Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GIMP: How to Automate the Tedium?

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

RobA.

That.

Is.

AWESOME.
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

There's a slight issue when you run the script that it doesn't return the selection to the layer you are working on. This means you have to remember to select the layer again if you want to run the script again.

Looks good so far! Thanks Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by torstan View Post
    There's a slight issue when you run the script that it doesn't return the selection to the layer you are working on. This means you have to remember to select the layer again if you want to run the script again.

Looks good so far! Thanks Rob.
    oops.

Throw in this line:
    Code:
        (gimp-image-set-active-layer img inLayer)
    just before the line with the ;done down about line 249

That should take care of it.

-Rob A>

That looks amazing. I like the effect that it has. I'll be trying this out.
    Last edited by lisze; 03-07-2009 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Figured out the right folder.

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    oops.

Throw in this line:
    Code:
        (gimp-image-set-active-layer img inLayer)
    just before the line with the ;done down about line 249

That should take care of it.

-Rob A>
    I updated the archive with this line. And have started a debate on the gimp-devel list. The issue is that saving a selection to a channel makes the new channel the active drawable! I thought this behaviour was confusing and said so. Looks like I convinced the gimp devels as they are planning to change the behaviour in a future release!

-Rob A>

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    I updated the archive with this line. And have started a debate on the gimp-devel list. The issue is that saving a selection to a channel makes the new channel the active drawable! I thought this behaviour was confusing and said so. Looks like I convinced the gimp devels as they are planning to change the behaviour in a future release!

-Rob A>
    Cool.

I tested this out late last week. I discovered another odd quirk, maybe related to this behavior you cited.

When you run the script, say you don't like the results and want to try different parameters... You "Undo" and attempt to run the script again, and you'll get an error. If I simply clicked on the layer I wanted back in the layer stack again, and ran the script again, it would work fine. So, I suspect it has to do with this confusing behavior.
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123