Thread: Happy New Year

Post Happy New Year

I would like to wish you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR and also healthy 2007.
    Come to where the kobolds are...
    www.dnd-gate.de - The German D&D Community

I will echo your sentiment and add may your mapping for the coming year be fruitful.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

How many of you have new years resolutions that involve gaming or even mapping?

Happy new year!!!
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Well, I made a New Years Resolution last year to never make New Years Resolutions anymore because they never work for me... well except for that one.

Yea, I'm hoping to do more of both, but my primary focus right now is on learning the ins and outs of Poser and actually producing something worth while. My immediate goal is to create my Superheroes PCs.

My resolution is of course to completely map my campaign setting. Sadly. I don't have enough RAM to put it all in one file. :cry: I can't even open my world map anymore (844 meg file). So I'll have to work with individual continents until I can upgrade to more RAM on my computer to allow for it. Even worse, it's so large I cannot even hope to upload it or share it (takes 10 minutes to open it enough to view it as a PNG file (which I would not give up that format for anything, to allow for enough color variation and artifactless compression.....if Ican ever get it there).

Current dimensions=1 pixel per mile

26,250 W x 11,250 H

Conclusion - it's just too big for me to handle all in one piece. Thankfully, the focuses of most of the campaigns are continental, not planet-spanning.

well, I have a lot of things which I like to do this year. Mainly there are some smaller Eberron maps I like to do for an online campaign which I am running on our website (www.dnd-gate.de)

But there are other things to do, away from mapping, so my time is somehow spare. I have to take care of the dnd-gate.de, we will move house in spring and such stuff.

I hope I can do more mapping and graphic stuff in 2007 than I did last year.

Nect thing I will do, is fiinishing up some erros in a Living Greyhawk map I've done for the german LG triad. Perhaps - if I get the permission - I will present the final map here soon.
    Come to where the kobolds are...
    www.dnd-gate.de - The German D&D Community

HAppy newyear everyone
    Also visit Dundjinni, Four Ugly Monsters, the Nook, Battlegrounds Games, Fantasy Grounds, RPTools, RPGMapShare, Eruvian, Dragon Roots, RPG Virtual Tabletop, Troll Lord Games, GameMaster Syndicate and meny, many others