Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Starship Sections Maps (Part 2) - Modular Base

this is very detailed stuff
    I love science fiction
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/signaturepics/sigpic3377_5.gif

Quote Originally Posted by icosahedron View Post
    Where did you get your sci-fi top-down elements, or did you draw them yourself?
    Most of the sci-fi elements I use are from RPGMapShare, Dundjinni Forums, WotC forums, or the Holocron. Some of the things I have drawn myself, but if someone already has what I'm looking for then I'm not going to "re-invent the wheel." I've also grabbed pictures from Star Wars sites and cropped them to what I need.

I'm going to have to slow down some, but here are two more modules: another cargo hold and a detention block module.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cargo Hold 2.jpg 
Views:	384 
Size:	194.4 KB 
ID:	11008 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Detention Module.jpg 
Views:	393 
Size:	213.2 KB 
ID:	11009
    The detention block cells are a bit small, but detention blocks aren't known for their comfort. However, I am considering redoing the crew's quarters to put a few less people in each room. [It doesn't make much sense that I crammed 4 crewmen into the same space I put 2 prisoners.]

As requested, here are some stairs for multi-level purposes.
    Name:  Stair.jpg
Views: 905
Size:  16.7 KB
    I'm not sure where exactly the stairs could go, but I imagine one of the corridors near the command module. I see good things about the level of detail, but if you are going to make it two+ levels you may want the basic layout blank:

Name:	Modular Base Layout (blank).png 
Views:	308 
Size:	753.4 KB 
ID:	11011
    That will make it easier to add the stairs wherever you feel like. Perhaps I should make a "stair/turbolift" module so that the location of the stairs aren't an issue.

Finally, here is the map our group is using for our next session - complete with grass and ramps. It got a little grainy when I converted it to a .jpg file.

Name:	Modular Base Terrain - Albatross Sluis Van.jpg 
Views:	755 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	11012

Again, comments and criticism are welcome. I'm working on the ideas already presented. But if you have an idea, I take requests.

Thanks for those links Kihmbar, I picked up some useful elements. I'd rep you if I could, but apparently if you ain't got it you can't flaunt it, and I haven't uploaded anything of any significance yet.
    Mapping a Traveller ATU.

See my (fantasy-based) apprenticeship blog at:

http://www.viewing.ltd.uk/cgi-bin/vi...forums&sx=1024

Look for Chit Chat, Sandmann's blog. Enjoy.

Blog Entries

I thought you could rep with a power of 1 when you start. Still, if thats not true then I have repped you so your off the zero. What we call the "Banish the blue pip o' shame" (tm - neon holdings inc)

Nice job!
    I'm really getting some motivation to get my stormtrooper campaign up and running now

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    I thought you could rep with a power of 1 when you start. Still, if thats not true then I have repped you so your off the zero. What we call the "Banish the blue pip o' shame" (tm - neon holdings inc)
    Well, Now I have no excuse. Kimhbar is well and truly Repped.

Trouble is now I feel guilty cos I didn't really deserve my rep, so now I'm gonna have to post something - and guess what software I'm using.

Nah! he wouldn't be that scheming - would he...?

Thanks Redrobes.
    Mapping a Traveller ATU.

See my (fantasy-based) apprenticeship blog at:

http://www.viewing.ltd.uk/cgi-bin/vi...forums&sx=1024

Look for Chit Chat, Sandmann's blog. Enjoy.

Blog Entries

It was a customary thing a while ago that all new members got repped to get rid of the blue spot and replace it with a green one. A while back nobody knew the rep score so it was all just blue and green or a few green pips if you had been here a while and done a lot. Once you had a green one then we were kind of all equal for a long time as we didn't have a lot of repping power under the hood so we didn't rep so much. It was just a kind of message to say hey that's cool. Then we got the score and we could see how far up the ladder you were so a lot more repping action took place from there on. I would admit I only rep when I feel its deserved and there have been a few exceptions like yourself because you feeling unable to do something without it. I also did a rep the next person to reply once to check out my new +x repping ability. Sometimes I rep because the score on somebody is a lot lower than I think they should be but most of the time they would have to post something to get some from me. You should post your little tower in the woods thing or show us where your at with the snow etc or the Traveller stuff too.

Completely off topic for this thread but on topic w.r.t convo... I wrote a script to generate icons for all Devins character / monster images. Wow there are so many images and such high quality too. Getting the scale right will take time as they are of mixed pixel scales I think. I guess I should ask him actually... anyway, I will probably do a contact sheet of them all too so that I can find one in a hurry. If I complete that ill start a new thread or append to the notification thread about them being available.

Edit -- Just did a search for "blue pip" and theres about 50 newbies who got rep bonked
    Last edited by Redrobes; 03-08-2009 at 08:37 PM.

Here are two more modules, a hallway modeled after the "Life Support" module in Battlestations:

Name:	Hallway-Life Support Module.png 
Views:	303 
Size:	359.9 KB 
ID:	11229

And a Turbolift Module:

Name:	Stair-Turbolift Module.jpg 
Views:	352 
Size:	199.8 KB 
ID:	11230
    I never thought of multi-level bases, but once it was suggested I knew I would need some way to get from one level to the next. I am currently re-doing the basic frame for the modular bases to incorporate a couple of stairwells (for roof and "undercarriage" access if there is only one level).

I've made a breakthrough with the big guns (thanks for the idea Hoel). I'm working on putting together a Turbolaser module and a Golan laser cannon module. Both guns are pretty big and will take up almost half their respective modules. With a gun that big, you'll need a power supply, so I'm also going to put together a Power Generator module. I'll post those when I have them. I'm glad that someone besides my group is interested in these. As always, I am open to questions, criticisms, comments, or bad jokes.

These are great Kihmbar! Keep up the good work!

I've been busy recently and haven't had much time to work on modules. Here's a vehicle bay for the modular base.

Name:	Vehicle Bay.jpg 
Views:	329 
Size:	215.5 KB 
ID:	12226
    Obviously this module needs an outside wall for the vehicles to enter/exit by. I have provided a ramp for the smaller doorways, so here is one for the vehicle doorway.

Name:	Ramp (3x4).jpg 
Views:	317 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	12227
    I will try to get some others up as time comes available.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast