Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Starship Sections Maps (Part 2) - Modular Base

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

the 'speeder' looks great.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Yeah, the whole thing looks great.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Apprentice

awesome stuff! When you say west end games - are you referring to the d6 rpg, I haven't played that for ages. I wish now I'd kept my old source books. Just got the d20 version and I'm pining for the d6 version - I think I may have to check out ebay

Thanks. Although I can't take credit for the speeders. I got them off either RPGMapShare or the Holocron. [I don't see the sense in making an object that someone else has already made.]

stuamn: Yes, I still play the d6 version of Star Wars RPG. I grew up with that system and enjoy its unique flavor. I've picked up a few of the d20 books, but since I have most of the d6 books I still use the d6 system.

Here's a few more modules for this thread. First, some proper quarters for the base commander or other officers:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Officer's Quarters.jpg 
Views:	457 
Size:	197.5 KB 
ID:	12733

And a conference room - for those people who feel the need to pack 30 minutes of information into a 3 hour meeting:

Name:	Conference Module.jpg 
Views:	358 
Size:	211.6 KB 
ID:	12732
    (I've been itching to use some of the holoprojector images I've picked up - now I have.)

As always, comments and criticisms are welcome.

I've been busy GMing a SWRPG campaign (in which I've been able to use several of the maps I've posted on this site). The modular base has fallen by the wayside (the group left that location and probably won't go back there). However, I like these modules because they are easy to drop into place and make a quick setting. Here are two new modules - a laser cannon platform and a starfighter bay.

The Laser Cannon module:

Name:	Laser Cannon Module.jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	206.3 KB 
ID:	17703 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Laser Cannon Module 1.jpg 
Views:	1421 
Size:	189.4 KB 
ID:	17705
    I'm not sure which version I like better. The first seems to be missing a certain "the gun is on top of the module" effect. However, the second uses a lot of the modules space with the "outside hull" showing.

This one was a bit of fun to do. I wanted to have the weapon mounted on top of the module so that the module would not have to be open to the elements. Instead of putting all the support equipment in the module, I just showed the weapon on top. The bottom right corner is supposed to be a holoprojector with three stormtroopers on it - they can either be stormtroopers attacking the module's occupants or on the same team.

By the way - if anyone has a good top-down image of a turbolaser battery, please let me know. I would like to redo this module with a turbolaser battery from Star Wars.

The Starfighter Bay module:

Name:	Starfighter Bay X-Wing.jpg 
Views:	1829 
Size:	245.6 KB 
ID:	17702 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Starfighter Bay TIE.jpg 
Views:	322 
Size:	227.9 KB 
ID:	17701
    I don't know which one will come more in handy (I guess it depends on which starfighter the players get), so I made one with an X-Wing and one with a TIE fighter.

Just in case someone out there would like to insert their own starfighter into this module:

Name:	Starfighter Bay Empty.jpg 
Views:	1369 
Size:	225.9 KB 
ID:	17700

I apologize for not updating this thread regularly. It is my intention to produce a couple of modules each month and post them. [I need the modules for gameplay, and the feedback is always helpful.] As usual, any comments or criticisms are welcome.

Guild Applicant

Default i have old miin stuff from them that ussing now with my rpg group love your work

Quote Originally Posted by stuamn View Post
    awesome stuff! When you say west end games - are you referring to the d6 rpg, I haven't played that for ages. I wish now I'd kept my old source books. Just got the d20 version and I'm pining for the d6 version - I think I may have to check out ebay
    i have old miin stuff from them that ussing now with my rpg group love your work

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123