Thread: A Bridge

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map A Bridge

Here is a contribution that I hope people will find useful in their campaigns. It is a simple wooden bridge over a river. The banks have small flowers and moss on them, and the bridge is a bit worn, but should hold up horses or wagons.

This file is 10X16 and is meant to be printed on a 11X17 or larger sheet without 'scaling to fit.'

This was created with Adobe Photoshop and Corel Painter. I painted this with a Wacom tablet. The planks of the bridge are simply rectangles that I made in Illustrator and pasted over. If you look closely, they are a bit weathered now. I took bites out of them with the lasso tool and put a slight emboss on them.

The flowers and moss are simple speckle brushes.

The water was first rendered in Photoshop and then taken into Painter to blend it. I still wasn't happy so I got some water textures of a swimming pool, took the whole thing back into Photoshop and created a mask for the water. I then put the water textures. This gave it a bit more punch, and didn't ruin my "painted" look.

Here is a thumbnail and then a link to the file.

Download the file.

Thanks Kit,

Bridges are pivotal places, they might make a good Mapping Challenge. We can always use pivotal places.

You might consider posting the image as a PNG (export from Photoshop) and use the Manage Files option to have the site put up a thumbnail. I'd love a version without the white grid.

Sigurd

Repped because - hey you use Painter!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Very artistic...nice.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Blog Entries

Cool ! Looking forward to seeing more.