Thread: New Campaign Map

Post New Campaign Map

Worked up this map a while ago while I was working on a campaign setting. The region is not named yet.

Just found it and did some work on it.

Not happy with the color work but oh well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map copy.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	865.4 KB 
ID:	10917  
    Hand Drawn Art by Derek Hand Art by yours truly. Available for Freelance or other work

I really like the little island group on the right side of the map.

I also really like the look of your rivers.

I do have one question...the river of the right side of your main continent is traveling through two mountain ranges to get to the sea. Does it enter into a canyon after it leaves the large lake?

I like the forest and mountains, especially the mountains with the white background but I'm not sure if the sea works for me.

Two little points regarding rivers, a lake with two outlets is unusual (north east) and in the far north you have two rivers starting in what looks like the same mountain valley.

If you want me to be really really picky the lake in the desert area is again unlikely but also in a flat area any lake is more likely to be circular / irregular rather than Linea which are more features of mountain lakes.

I hope you don't mind my comments and all of them can be ignored depending on the scale of your map

Korba

Well, at the scale the two "Large Lakes" are closer to Caspian Sea size. Don't know if that changes anything.

And the Desert area is actually less full on desert and more like Utah-like Badlands with Desert on the ourskirts.

I'm not happy with the textures, I just thought it needed something more.

I'll take any comment/critiques
    Hand Drawn Art by Derek Hand Art by yours truly. Available for Freelance or other work

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Other than the grass color being a bit 'pastel-y' for me, I think the colors are fine.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.