Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: When it rains, it pours...

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Post When it rains, it pours...

So...I've been kinda distracted lately by some personal issues...stuff goin on at home, I won't bore you all with the details, but its going...

And then, just as things start getting to the point where I feel like I'm moving forward...disaster strikes.

So yesterday I'm driving along, and this lady decides she would like to change lanes...into my lane...right on top of me. So I swerve to get out of the way and my truck starts to fishtail and lose control, and next thing ya know I'm going off the road sideways backwards and I roll over twice.

The older lady had no idea she was involved, so she kept going...another witness saw everythign through her rearview mirror and took off after the lady chasing her down, honking her horn trying to get her attention, but to no avail, so she copied down her information and returned to the scene to find me being helped by some folks on the scene to climb up and out of my passenger side door (since the truck was laying on its drivers side)

I walked away from the incident with a separated shoulder, sprained neck, and severely bruised pride. Still waiting on statute and insurance process. I'll keep you guys posted. But here's some pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0230.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	353.9 KB 
ID:	10929   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0233.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	367.0 KB 
ID:	10930   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0249.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	351.4 KB 
ID:	10931   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0260.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	190.9 KB 
ID:	10932  
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Guild Adept

Thank heavens you are still alive. That is one nasty looking accident. Best wishes on your speedy recovery.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

yeah I was very lucky.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Good god! All that and only a separated shoulder & sprained neck, someone was watching out for you!

Take care man we'll be thinking of ya.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Wow. I guess that's why they build trucks strong. I'm glad the truck took the beating for you. I hope you get better soon and that all the inevitable paperwork goes through without any hassle.

Blog Entries

Wow, don't know whether you were really unlucky or really lucky there. Looking from afar I think real lucky actually. Glad your basically alright tho. Trucks a bit of a write off tho and it looked like a real beaut too.

Dang, that's bad. I am surprised you did not get hurt more based on the truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    I walked away from the incident with a separated shoulder, sprained neck, and severely bruised pride. Still waiting on statute and insurance process. I'll keep you guys posted. But here's some pics.

Of course, the most important question is: is it your mapping shoulder that's messed up?
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Post 09' has been good for the road for me neither!

Thank God, only a sprained neck and separated shoulder - still, ouch!

I mentioned in a post somewhere, that only 3 weeks ago I was in a collision with a drunk driver (woman) who fled the scene. My car ended up $300 short of total, but the insurance company had it repaired instead - just got my car back last Friday.

Luckier for me, no one was injured - wow, '09 hasn't been good for either of us as far as being on the road is concerned!

Good Luck!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

I can feel for ya. Been there and done that in almost the exact same set up, except I spent a few weeks in the hospital. Good to hear that your injuries weren't quite as bad. It does make you wonder, though, when the DMVs are going to start insisting on some "common sense" testing for drivers of all ages. We have a lot of idiot drivers where I live. During the December Snow Storms, I just couldn't believe how many people were driving around without chains, studs or some sort of traction tires as if the roads were absolutely clear. On top of that, a good portion of them were on their cell phones at the same time. I was amazed that there weren't more accidents.

Anyways, hope you get to feeling better soon.

GW
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast