Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: *** March 09 Challenge - Rivermania ***

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Mh when's the deadline on this? I did not get around to doing any work on my map this weekend, and may not get much time today.

Quote Originally Posted by bartmoss View Post
    Mh when's the deadline on this? I did not get around to doing any work on my map this weekend, and may not get much time today.
    The WIP threads will be locked sometime on the 26th (5 days before the end of the month). We can't say when since the Community Leaders are volunteers and are in drastically different timezones, so it just depends on when someone gets the time to get it done.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Post where and how?

This is my first challenge and started a bit late, but I will enter with what I've got. I can't seem to find where and how I have to upload the map to enter.

Regards
    Benarius

Hey Benarius. The short answer is that you dont have to upload the map anywhere. You have an entry in the March challenge because you have a post entitled "March Entry:...etc". The problem is that the voting audience needs to know what your latest version is because there are normally several versions of a map posted in the same thread. Redrobes has solved this problem by coding a WIP scraper that searches the entries for the latest version of each map and copies the map to a separate thumbnails page. For the scraper to recognise a map you need to include the following at the end of the post to which the map is attached "### Latest WIP ###" (without the inverted commas). I would have edited your post myself to include this tag but it is not clear which map you intended to be yuor final version. If you let me know I can do it for you or you can create a new post in the thread with your final version attached and including the tag described above.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
    The WIP threads will be locked sometime on the 26th (5 days before the end of the month). We can't say when since the Community Leaders are volunteers and are in drastically different timezones, so it just depends on when someone gets the time to get it done.
    Okay, thanks, I fear I won't be creating a masterwork then, even for my low standards, but I'll try my best to advance the map today.

Post thanks

Appreciate it Torq. I just done it so I know for next time...lol.

Regards
    Benarius

Blog Entries

The little challenge was supposed to end last night and I ran the thumbnailer then. If a CL wants to move this to a new entry thread and post me a note then ill add it and run it again. If the threads are locked and then I can run the script to ensure were all up to date then that would be better I think. Also gives people a few days to see the final versions before deciding.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I have moved Draco18s' post into its own thread.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Ah, own threads. Heh. That's what I get for messing around at 5am.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345