Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: March Entry: Reporting for duty

Looks good. I like the fade effect on the edges.
    I think some drawn symbols and hand written labels and notes would complete it

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

You read my mind. I'm trying to get some proficiency doing calligraphy with this tablet I found but the worst grades I ever got were in calligraphy classes in college...freakin Cs. So in the end I might just take some font and smudge it up. Good idea about doing the cities that way...will try to get something doodled up at work today while on lunch.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    You read my mind. I'm trying to get some proficiency doing calligraphy with this tablet I found but the worst grades I ever got were in calligraphy classes in college...freakin Cs. So in the end I might just take some font and smudge it up. Good idea about doing the cities that way...will try to get something doodled up at work today while on lunch.
    What software are you using? If it is by any chance photoshop you can always use the pen tool to do your writing and then 'stoke' the paths with one of photoshops calligraphy brushes. Could be a simple alternative to doing it by hand with a tablet.

That's a great idea gimil...I had never even thought about that because I rarely use paths. Thanks, man.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

I never used paths in PS before, I used to do a bit of illustrator work, but since I got gaught up in mapping I've started using them more and more.

Tonight's update: haven't had time to draw up some cities or motivation to do the labeling so I made up a wanted poster version...which was the reason for the fade in the first place. Starting to come together now but I need a scale and the aforementioned stuff.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3-09-Cha-Asc.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	4.45 MB 
ID:	11160  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Looking great my friend. Love the wanted poster idea.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

wth! That really threw me. Hillarious!

Well aren't I just a big doofus...I saved this wanted poster version over top of the original map so that means no more editing the terrain. Luckily, all I have to replicate is the embossed text for the scale bar. Still need to draw up some cities and labeling.

Tonight's update is just the news...don't want to waste space with a pic that really doesn't show that much. Since I love labeling so much I went ahead and put a page curl on the poster, created some horseshoe nails to hang it with and some rust bleeding down into the poster, and fixed the poster text. I've found that rust is quite a challenge to draw...a challenge that I'm not succeeding at but just middling. Oh, and I put a scale in. Off to find something to do until bed now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast