Thread: Generic Island - First Map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice

Post Generic Island - First Map

Hello,

This is my first map using CC3. It's a bit hard to get into at first but after reading and re-reading about what Sheets and layers are, well... it got a little better :wink:

http://rpgmapshare.com/index.php?q=g...2_itemId=13307

Next I'll pull some more hair out trying to get a floor plan to look normal.

OL

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Its lookin good, I liek the way you did the mountains!

Though I have to tell you...after seeing what CC3 is capable of, it needs some sheet effects. Maybe blur the contour lines or something? I'm not too sure I like that big bevelled edge effect, that one might be overdone, but not a bad first map at all...you've definitely gotten your feet wet! Keep it up!
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana
    Its lookin good, I liek the way you did the mountains!

Though I have to tell you...after seeing what CC3 is capable of, it needs some sheet effects. Maybe blur the contour lines or something? I'm not too sure I like that big bevelled edge effect, that one might be overdone, but not a bad first map at all...you've definitely gotten your feet wet! Keep it up!
    I was using the effects to an extreme to see what it would look like, and then I'd dial it back down after experimenting with it. For some unknown reason I practically removed the blur effect from the sea sheet and left the bevel on high for the terrain contours… d’oh!

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

OL

I agree with Arcana. Better than my first attempts. Besides what he mentioned, the camel symbol in the desert seemed a bit misplaced with the look of the map.