Thread: Question for CC3 Users

Question Question for CC3 Users

I have a world map, and I want to export a small section to a new map. I think there's a way to do this, but I can't find a useful tutorial and I haven't been able to work it out myself. Any tips/links to a tutorial?

Is there a way....Yeah, there IS a way, a couple of them actually, but two of them amount to doing the following:

1: Save the File as a new map (bascially back it up). Then ZOOM to the area you want, maybe even draw a Bounding Box around it, and then select and erase items outside the bounding box. For things like Rivers, coast line etc that cross the bounding box, trim them to the edge or even explode polygons (take them back to their paths) and then trim to the bounding box, edge them back up, and then use the MULTI-POLY tool to make them a polygon once again. This will allow you to do the map closer.

An alternate to this is the COPY TO CLIPBOARD tool, select the portion you want as a closer map, and then past in a new map, and clean up like above.

a Third Method, and the way I do it is:

1: Use the SaveAS Rectangular Portion (BMP or PNG not JPG) of what you want as your zoomed in map.

2. Start a new Map and insert the above as a BMP/PNG image in the background and trace over.

I prefer that method because now that coast line that may have been uniform on a World Map can now be more broken up with inlets, bays and islands that would not have been visible before.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Thanks NK; your "third method" sounds like it will be just as easy as the others and produce better results. I'll give it a try.