Hello everybody. I'm new to the Cartography Hobby, but I'm being quickly consumed. I play Dungeons and Dragons regularly with my friends from back home in New Mexico, but I've been on a National Student Exchange to Kansas State the past year. Obviously, I haven't been gaming with them much, so I decided that I'd work on creating my own world for them to go adventuring in when I do get back home. So far, I've gotten... 3 Major continents in this world drawn up, one minor island off of the coast of one of them, and I'm working on the fourth as we speak. I'm actually taking breaks in writing this to jot some things down on that map. Anyway, I discovered this site while Googling for some hints on geographical realism because I want this world to be at least mostly realistic in its setup. So far, I'm finding a lot of useful tools here in the various forums and stuff, but I haven't taken the time to make a post myself. Something I have noticed is that there aren't many users that draw their maps by hand; at least not completely. This is what I've been doing, so I guess it's a different twist, but I've fallen in love you might say. Anyway, I'm glad to be a part of this community and I hope that I might be able to contribute some in the future.

John Boucher