Thread: Tweaking the GIMP interface

Help Tweaking the GIMP interface

Okay, I've been using GIMP and Inkscape exclusively for image editing. I know them far better than any of the pay software, and with the variety of OS's I have to cycle between depending on where I'm at, they're just my best bet.

I'm having a minor issue with GIMPs interface though... I've ignored it for a while, but my eyes are less happy with strain than they once were, and need to do something about it.

GIMP's toolboxes text sizes are really small... especially data points in the Histogram... I need to know if there's a theme out there, or perhaps a way to edit the settings (can't find anything about font sizes in the preferences). Dropping the resolution of the screen in general is not an option...

I'm assuming you are using windows, since on linux gimp follows the gtk theme.

If so, try installing this theme manager: http://gimper.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=626

It will let you change the text sizes, and such. Here is my screen with the font dialed up:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	large.jpg 
Views:	1234 
Size:	190.5 KB 
ID:	11158

-Rob A>

I tried that one twice, it gives an error "Failed to start because libatk-1.0-0dll was not found."

Gimper's already posted in the thread it doesn't support 2.6

Got it to work, easiest way was to just move the Gimp Themes exe to the Gimp 2.6 bin folder.