Thread: Animal Crossing map in Excel

Map Animal Crossing map in Excel

My wife and I have been playing Animal Crossing: City Folk on the Wii lately, and she has made it her quest to Get a perfect score for out town (it's based on the placement of trees and flowers, for those who don't know the game). To this end, I suggested she make herself a map of the town, so that she can better track and plan.

Her first thought was to make the map in excel because that's a program she's already very familiar with.

So, with a little help from me, she made this easily editable map of our Animal Crossing town, which we call Catan.

It will only look right in Excel 2007, as 2003 does not have all of the conditional formatting options that we used to make it look right.

I had to upload it in a .ZIP file because the forum does not allow .xlsx files.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Never would have thought of using Excel to map (I hate EXCEL more than you can possibly imagine), but for what you're trying to do it makes sense.

I was able to view it in 2003, maybe not as pretty, but the idea/purpose definitely comes accross.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

I have seen several Excel maps over the years. Most are blocky with text etc. I haven't seen your map CB - maybe someone could post a small screen cap ?

I don't like Excel either tho I don't hate it with all that much passion. I just find that I can do everything it does easier another way. Possible exception is the graphing so I might do all the calcs and export a CSV and use that for a graph - maybe.

Good going to make a map of a game.

I unfortunately only have excel 2000
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

This is what it looks like on my screen.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0005 3-10-2009 5.04.01 PM.png 
Views:	1228 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	11153

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Reminds me a bit of the Ultima IV map...ah good times, good times.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps