Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Castle/Keep in Old School Blue

That makes sense to me. A heavy machine gun is on a fixed point, and the wide opening on the outside would probably be better for the gun's barrel to move from side to side.

Welcome to the Guild, edgewaters! Have some rep as a house warming gift.

I haven't forgotten about this map but I've been under the weather since the weekend, plus been pretty busy with work. I have a commissioned map almost done, plus a few other projects that need to be completed. Then I can get back to the final level for this castle (and eventually back to my town I was working on).
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

I finally got around to finishing the top level. The parapet and parados took forever to get the right look but once I did, the whole process went rather quickly. I have to admit that I had a lot of fun drawing the balista.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bluecastle001-05.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	395.6 KB 
ID:	12027

Now to do the Legend and I'll be able to post this in the Finished Maps section.
    Cheers,
    Tim

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

This looks soooo nice...I really can't say enough superlatives.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Thanks Ascension. I've placed these maps into their own album on my user profile.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Excellent work Turgenev! Have a nice big slab of rep.

Regarding the slits, think of it this way. If you have the large end on the outside, when several dozen arrows come flying in they will all get channeled down into the narrow slit from which the defender is firing and thus increase the likelihood of getting hit. The reversing would only be necessary for more modern emplacement weapons that have fixed points, and you are not worried so much about large volumes of ammunition getting channeled as you are about being able to swivel to any angle.

EDIT: Never mind, I see that edgewaters beat me to it.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123