Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: world map assistance

Man, you gotta do that tutorial
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

I am posting a reply for two reasons.
    First, I have updated this old map request rather than start a new one, so I need to bump it back onto a page where somebody might see it.
    Second, I am curious if that hinted-at language tutorial was ever made.

Thanks ravells. I didn't realize it was archived or I might have just made a new post for it.

As an aside though, if it is not too taboo to ask such a question, what is an acceptable price tag on commissioning a world map? I assumed the dollar signs are larger than I can afford for my little pet project... I would be more than happy to pay for the work provided though if my assumptions are wrong.

No worries, dolenore.

Hey, I'm working on a new style at the moment. You can see it here. If you have a campaign world which is 10 years old, then presumably it's pretty rich in detail (which is something I would want in making a map like this). The map I'm currently drawing is just a test piece out of my imagination, but It seems a shame to be putting all that effort into a map which will never be used for anything.

If you like the style, then I'll happily do your map for you using the same or a similar style for, say, 50 bucks. The mountain brushes on the test map do not belong to me (and anyway they are too blurry at the scale required), so I would make new mountain brushes for the map more in keeping with the style - this might take a bit of time though.

What I would like to make is:

1. A large, detailed map (a least one continent).
    2. Lots and lots of towns, cities, regions and country labels etc.
    3. Anything you can think of to give the map character. E.g. if there was a particularly memorable encounter your players had somewhere, we could make a reference to that.

Drop me a line here, if you'd like to go forward.

cheers

Ravs

Thank you ravells, but as we discussed in private each of our needs won't be met. One or the other of us would have to compromise too much. I definitely appreciate your offer and love that style you are working on, I hope it goes to good use!

I guess I should be more clear on what I want out of the map. Also, is there a way to change the [Unpaid] tag to [Paid?]? Now that I have a ballpark, the issue of payment isn't as troubling.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12