Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Some islands

Sweet, Sweet.

Very nice.

Might I ask what fonts you used?

You should probably add a little tray to the side, so I can drool into that instead of onto the map. That is gorgeous.

The anchor symbol might use a tiny bit of anti alias, but that's all I can think of. Splendid work!
    Alas, my website features music, not maps. I do have a portfolio of some other things, though.

What image editing program did you use to create the map? I assume Photoshop and a graphics tablet that you mentioned using from a previous post. I like the map alot it has some interesting features.

NymTevlyn

The text in the lower left hand corner is hard to read.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Artist's Script for the main title text and paragraph, Avalon for the primary labeling, and Elphinstone for the secondary labeling. That paragraph has been driving me nuts for about an hour now...can't find any results that I like. I'm probably trying to do too much with it and should just keep it as a low opacity white but I wanted it to look like it was glowing and magical.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Maybe make it translucent and add a small black border more visible and a somewhat more translucent violet glow?

Here's the simplified version of the text.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	islands.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	2.87 MB 
ID:	11315  
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

I do prefer the simplified text because it is easier to read, but the map as a whole is incredible!

Great looking map. At first I had difficulties imagining what the end result would be like.. but this is a beautiful map (though more detailed textures would have made it even better).

Finally dropped my stubbornness and decided to drop style in favor of legibility. So I changed the Elphinstone font to Amerigo. This is why I hate labeling...it drives me bonkers. I believe that this is now good to go.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	islands.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	2.90 MB 
ID:	11322  
    Last edited by Ascension; 03-16-2009 at 04:36 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast