Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Promethea - WIP

Looks very nice.

One small comment from me on the rivers. Your small upland rivers in the mountains meander as much as the lowland rivers. In steep terrain like mountain sides they would be much straighter.

I'm very jealous of your mains though they are lovely and sharp

Korba

Thanks Korba. Always liked that name from Dune. "Korba, cut it."

Here's the latest, with roads, some structures, and a few other experiments including a perimeter indicating "Beyond this point, there be dragons".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	04.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	11356  

On the bevels of this map:
    Try reducing the bevel height on the dark green areas of the map. The inner shadow of those bevels also make it look a bit unnatural.. I know it might hard to find a good and easy solution to this.. but maybe reducing the height will fix it. (you also might want to try using a very soft brush with a low flow to smoothen those edges.. so the transitions woudn't be so sudden)

Does this filter solve the problem, Jykke?

edit - increased image size.

ps I appreciate some contours remain, but the bevel you specifically mention is what I'm curious about.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	05.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	833.9 KB 
ID:	11417  
    Last edited by indio; 03-17-2009 at 05:55 PM.

All done, or as much as I need to do for it to serve its purpose. I've got to get back to developing content for the Dragon Age campaign I'm working on. The map's just what I was after too, without really knowing it. Thanks to everyone who looked, complimented, offerred advice, and turned this into something worth seeing through. I'll need to do a few more maps and will most surely post their progress in these excellent boards also.
    Last edited by indio; 03-19-2009 at 08:13 PM. Reason: typos

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12