Thread: Tu'lorain WIP (Lower left corner)

Guild Journeyer

Post Tu'lorain WIP (Lower left corner)

Here is what i have so far for the "Eastern" Continent, i haven't done rivers yet as you can see but i will post that when i have it done so i can get them passed by the river police haven't totally finalized where i am going to put everybody but i have planned an ancient gnomish civilization at war with demon worshipping intellegent Ogres (Oni), musket wielding human and dragonborn samurai fighting a Mind-flayer communist slave state, Cannon-weilding Ogres roaming the open savanna, Hobgoblin Mongols (sounds cliche but i am working on it), Thai/Buddhist Elves in a tropical rain forest. Czarist "northerners" that were once a far colony of the Dragonborn/Human/Dwarven Republic from the "western continent" that lost contact and developed its own culture and sect/church similar to the Roman Catholic and Orthadox split. anywho here are my first steps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eastern Continent2.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	745.5 KB 
ID:	11025   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eastern Continent1.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	892.5 KB 
ID:	11028  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Looking good so far.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Something about the trees is throwing me off. The terrain looks fabulous but the trees look too .. crisp I think is the word I'm looking for. I can't quite tell if they're beveled or if they have a drop shadow. Maybe blur them a bit to help 'em sink into the terrain more naturally. Otherwise it looks good.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Journeyer

@ Steel General: Thanks!

@ Ascension: Yea i was thinking the same thing, or maybe a larger soft-round brush... a couple test maps i did of a smaller scale didnt have the same issue but i cant remember if i had to blur them... and i forgot to add a drop shadow... that may help. Good eye thanks!

How'd you do them mountains? They look great.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Fractal Terrains
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Journeyer

Fractal Terrains to generate the random height map, Wilbur to erode it "realistically", and then Gimp (or photoshop) to make it "fit into" the map.

Looks good so far. I enjoy this.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave