Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'd appreciate your input

Same here ... :cry:
    Also visit Dundjinni, Four Ugly Monsters, the Nook, Battlegrounds Games, Fantasy Grounds, RPTools, RPGMapShare, Eruvian, Dragon Roots, RPG Virtual Tabletop, Troll Lord Games, GameMaster Syndicate and meny, many others

Must have recently fixed it. It is working for me.

I'm sorry, everyone--I recently had to move the source file. Here is the corrected link: http://www.ormonds.net/rpg/westaven/...llexia_985.jpg

Thank you very much, and I apologize for the incorrect link.

--Don
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

No problem. Thanks for the new link.

I like the old-style look of your map. And I don't mind the hash lines on the ocean at all. Good job on this.
    Looking for battlemap creation software that can be used to create gorgeous print-resolution output on Windows or Mac OS?
    Give MapForge a try.

I think it's outSTANDing! Can't think of a thing I'd change. Congrats on the featured map selection, it is well earned.

Guild Novice

Beautiful map! The only thing I looked for and couldn't find is some type of scale bar to determine distance and size. Omitting it may be intentional, but I thought I'd point it out.

That's an amazing map
    Also visit Dundjinni, Four Ugly Monsters, the Nook, Battlegrounds Games, Fantasy Grounds, RPTools, RPGMapShare, Eruvian, Dragon Roots, RPG Virtual Tabletop, Troll Lord Games, GameMaster Syndicate and meny, many others

Quote Originally Posted by Gruudock
    Beautiful map! The only thing I looked for and couldn't find is some type of scale bar to determine distance and size. Omitting it may be intentional, but I thought I'd point it out.
    Heh, it's intentional—confounded map maker anyway!

My character, Gereth, was just happy to get his hands on a fairly decent map, finally.
    Innkeeper at the Darkwood Inn. The Foul Punster of the Cartographers' Guild!

Better role playing than dragon slaying!

Post Scale

Actually, as my buddy Naryt wrote, the lack of a scale was in fact intentional. As I said in my initial post, I was trying to create something between an historical map & a useful campaign map. Historical maps, from what I ascertain, did not boast scales as we know them until after the medieval era. (Correct me if I'm wrong here; I'm no historian.)

I was planning to place mileage numbers on major roads indicating the distance from city to city, as is seen on the Gough Map (Great Britain, 1360; http://www.bodley.ox.ac.uk/guides/maps/goughmap.htm), but when I began to do this it looked a bit too sloppy for my taste. I may still do it, though--or perhaps rely on the old standby: have the current map be the player's handout map & create another more "modern" map to use as just GM's guide.

I'd love input from you all on this plan, other ideas, and such. And thank you all for your compliments on this little project here.

--Don
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast