Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Working on a publication: Kaidan

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Great news, GP, congrats. At least it's not Anime...can't stand those gigantic eyes, no noses, big heads, overdeveloped bosoms, school-girl dresses, cliche personalities and uber spikey hair. Although, Manga has been heading in this direction too the past decade. Well at least they don't have fuzzy tails and cat ears. Good luck, bro and I'll certainly keep my eyes open for whenever it drops.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Great news, GP, congrats. At least it's not Anime...can't stand those gigantic eyes, no noses, big heads, overdeveloped bosoms, school-girl dresses, cliche personalities and uber spikey hair. Although, Manga has been heading in this direction too the past decade. Well at least they don't have fuzzy tails and cat ears. Good luck, bro and I'll certainly keep my eyes open for whenever it drops.
    Ummmm....Anime is the animated form of Manga, and Hentai.......well.......
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Really?! I thought the old Speed Racer stuff (the original), Battle of the Planets, and Voltron were Manga...hmph, I'll be darned. Thanks.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Really?! I thought the old Speed Racer stuff (the original), Battle of the Planets, and Voltron were Manga...hmph, I'll be darned. Thanks.
    Usually anime = animation and manga = comics. But, it is my understanding that the term manga is sometimes used to describe animation but usually by older Japanese. The definition that my Japanese-English dictionary has for manga is "cartoons, comics, caricatures".
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Post gonna be realistic

Gonna be realistic, since the artist I found creates...

http://www.dementia5.com/community/index.php?topic=81.0

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Very cool!
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Blog Entries

I thought Manga was the company that imported a lot of the Japanese art and the term got coined for the style of art since they were the only company doing it. Maybe I am completely wrong tho - I am not into it in anything more than a token way.

I have a question about the Kaiden stuff too. Will the maps for it be CC licensed in the same way as the rest of the CWBP ? You said it would be expensive to produce which would be hard to reconcile with the free distribution model of CC stuff.

From Wikipedia: Manga are comics and print cartoons (sometimes also called komikku), in the Japanese language and conforming to the style developed in Japan in the late 20th century.

Anime (taken from half of the Japanese pronunciation of "animation") is animation in Japan and considered to be "Japanese animation" in the rest of the world.

And GP, that artist is the shiz.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Yep, Atreides is really good and getting better fast. The top down illustration with the flying dragon is stunning.

Post Some of Hokusai's work is called Manga

Although technically not related, there are a series of sketches done by Hokusai the Ukiyo-e master whose career was during the first half of the 19th century, that were called Manga.

They were somewhat "cartoony" in style. I think the original term for Manga meant "sketch".

The modern term basically means "cartoon". The style of course, is big eyes, etc.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast