Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Working on a publication: Kaidan

Very nice artwork! Nice to hear that the project is coming along nicely.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

I agree - that artwork is perfect. Great choice. Looks like you'll have a high quality product on your hands at the end of the day.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    Some of Mark Hyzer's art, to me at least, has a bit of a 'Geiger-esque' feel to it.
    I immediately got that same vibe, although that link was strongest in the first pieces in the thread and less so further down. I definitely had the strongest reaction and spent the most time looking at his stuff. The coherence of his work seems to decrease with complexity, but his simplest bits are very striking and evocative.

Post Cover Art - sneak preview!

Here's the final cover art, before title, license, product ID, by line, etc.

The Gift - an introductory mini-campaign arc set in Kaidan: Japanese Ghost Story setting.

Artist: Jan Pospisil

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KaidanCoverWIP5.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	278.3 KB 
ID:	14073  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

That is WAY COOL!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Very nice.

Wow! Very cool!
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Post For some contraversial buzz...

I plan to have the cover design with the above illustration ready in the next day or two and I'll post an announcement on the upcoming product in the news forum here, but I just learned an interesting little tidbit that might provide some controversial buzz for Kaidan.

I've mentioned that I am doing a collaborative publication with Dementia 5. What I haven't said, is that although I've created the outline for the entire mini-campaign arc, as well as monsters/encounters, the rule system, all the cartography, I am actually having Andy Champaign author the adventure itself.

The controversial part, now, Andy Champaign is the author and publisher of the Book of Erotic Fantasy - a dark and risque (with horrible photos of nude hippies and goth kids as its illustrations) but great content as a splat book for D&D a few years back.

So the author of the BoEF is also the same for The Gift, my first adventure for the Kaidan setting...

I don't know if that's good thing to put out there, but there it is.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Wow, that 'lil tidbit is just making me want this even more. I have already read the BoEF and loved the way that it was written. Great book by the way. It handles a very touchy subject with maturity and humor while still giving some decent guidelines for handling various aspect of it. Not for kiddies by any means, but good for mature minded gamers.

I think that this can only be a plus for your venture, GP.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast