Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Steel Remains

Praise Awesome map, Ravs!

Awesome map, Ravs! Now I have to read the book.

Big time congrats, have some REP!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

That is absolutely incredible Ravs. What a winner. A great map in every respect. I'm gobsmacked. Love your work man!

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

I must be very humble or something, but I don't think it holds a candle to your maps, Torq, or GPs or especially Bohunk's, Torstan's, Ascension's and Toff's whose maps I just salivate over everytime I see them.

I think it may have something to do with looking at the same thing for a week rather than seeing it all at once when it's finished.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Love it - though now I won't be able to look at that peninsula the same way again.

As for the different styles - I think it has something to do with knowing precisely how something is constructed. I look at maps like these and don't really have the first idea how to put one together, whereas I know all the dirty secrets that go into mine

I think you might be right...I think I'm cheating somehow.

Although I'll tell you what, the final layer on this map was a parchment texture which I set to multiply and lowered the opacity a bit....the effect was amazing, it deepened all the colours and made them richer but in a way in which they still all worked with each other. A curve layer adjustment (with the usual S shape) on top of that and thing just came alive.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Absolutely astounding! Dude, that rocks...hard! The colors are simply perfect and evocative of something only slightly grungy despite being old. I like the mix of "real" terrain (mountains) with other artsy elements (rivers, text). Think I prefer the bold coast...brings the style together for me but I like it either way. Excellent stuff, bro. Now gimme a tut
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I'm so glad you said that! That was exactly the look I was shooting for (in empathy with the book) - mixing real and graphic is usually dangerous. Tut coming...I't's already 3/4s written....you won't believe how easy it is.

The forests are officially spot-on. Lookin' forward to that tutorial.

Blog Entries

Beautiful map there. Is there going to be an outflow on that lake next to Shaktur Rep heading your way if I am able.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast