Thread: Yighula and Hor-tha

Map Yighula and Hor-tha

Another map of no real consequence - not using it for a campaign or somesuch. I can't decide if I like the original or the desaturated and bebloodied version.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chuck_map4part2.jpg 
Views:	1217 
Size:	3.45 MB 
ID:	11298   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chuck_map4.jpg 
Views:	817 
Size:	2.89 MB 
ID:	11299  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Both are nice but with all the creases/folds I think I prefer the desaturated version - it seems more 'appropriate'.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

wow the creases and folds are a really cool idea! I've never thought of that!

Very nice! I like the left one better.
    Is there more of this world you have mapped? Or other maps in this style? Can we have a tut?

Sorry for all the questions ...

Oh and: rep'd
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I love dark maps, they convey a sense of spookiness and danger. Thus I favor the darker one, while I think the brighter one is slightly more legible (cuz it's brighter). Nice job...I gotta spread some luv b4 I hit ya again, tho.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Blog Entries

I like the one on the right and I too would rep you but its telling me that I also need to whore it a bit before I bonk you again.

Well, by all means, whore yourself

Thanks for all the comments! And if a tutorial is so desired, then I shall work on one immediately, though I must say, all I'm doing really is working off of what I've found here already and adding a tad to it.

EDIT: Eilathen, forgot to answer your question. No, there's not really a rest of the map. I just did this to practice, and used Seventh Sanctum to generate some names.
    Last edited by overlordchuck; 03-16-2009 at 09:57 AM.