Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first map - What do u think?

Yeah, you could for instance make the road come to a clearing and then fade again in to the forest to keep it feeling mysterious. But it's just a suggestion, not a judgement of any kind

And if you implement Jykke's suggestion, I feel there ought to be an ominous circle of standing stones in the clearing.
    Alas, my website features music, not maps. I do have a portfolio of some other things, though.

And add an inn on a crossroads. And a mysterious tower where a wizard resides. Oh, oh and you must certainly add a robber's camp.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Don't add a thing...too many stories can be/are being generated just from looking at it...the hallmarks of a great evocative map. Call this one done and do the robber camp (for instance) in something at a much closer zoom. Sometimes we, myself included, forget that a great map doesn't have to have all sorts of pretty mountains and super trees to be good.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I was being sarcastic by the way. As stated before I like the map because it doesn't have too many places of interest. So I agree with Ascension.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12