Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On leave

Post On leave

I'm moving out of my apartment this coming weekend and will spend this week packing. I won't be online for a while since I don't know about the internet connection where I'm going (not even sure where I'm going as of now)
    I'll see you all when i get back. I'll hopefully have a bunch of new work to show off too!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Good luck, man...we'll be waiting for ya.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I want a floorplan map of your new place, and additional maps of the closest market, bus routes etc.

That will fulfill your LoA requirements
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Ahh the joys of moving...like a good kick in the crotch
    Last edited by Steel General; 03-17-2009 at 07:28 AM.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Still waiting for some CD3 cities Hoel...
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    I want a floorplan map of your new place, and additional maps of the closest market, bus routes etc.

That will fulfill your LoA requirements
    I won't be pleased until he maps all places within a square mile grid (with his new home as the center point).
    My Map Portfolio
    -----
    Unless otherwise stated, all my work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Ok. I'm now at my mothers for a while. Got a lousy 300k connection until I can get some serious bandwith.
    I'm working on the map I made for the feb. challenge at the moment. CD3 and a local map is on the back burner for now, my next project will be an dwarven ice fortress for D&D.
    I'll check in when I can.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Good to hear from you again, man. Hope things are going as well as can be expected...don't let momsie drive ya nuts
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I was bored with sorting out my stuff an figuring out what i left behind, so I threw together a map of Lerdala (where I live at the moment).
    I didn't bother with heightmaps, but the eastern part is the slope of the mountain Billingen. Lerdala lies in a beatiful valley on an old lakebed (the lakes Lången and Flämsjön is what's left of old lake Laggen) and the view from my balcony is spectacular.
    To the west lies the forrest of klyftamon. The area are full of bronze and iron age sites, I've got a stone circle in view from my bedroom window.
    On a peak by the lake Bjursjön lies the old bronze age fortress Borgehall.
    Within hiking distance lies, according to some controversial archeologists, the site of the old Ubsola (Uppsala) temple mentioned by Adam of Bremen.

This is a small village with about 800 people. There's no stores or shops, not even a gas station. There's a small school and a church. There's 16kms over the mountain to Skövde (nearest town) or 20 if there's snow and you have to go around.

I think I'll stay put here, since I'll get a decent connection in a couple weeks and as soon as spring rolls around for real it will be one of the most beautiful spots on earth.

I'll get back to mapping as soon as I can!
    I hope you appreciate my ramblings
    Cheers
    /hoel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lerdala.png 
Views:	43 
Size:	2.22 MB 
ID:	11695  

I'm back.
    Got a sweet 10mb connection running. Enough to upload maps.
    I guess it's time to give up gardening and start mapping again!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast