Thread: Terra, Kingom of Caen

Map Terra, Kingom of Caen

Hello, my name is Drahyden, and im new here. I've seen some of the incredible talent everybody has here in fantasy map making. I would like to share some of my maps, and wish to ask for feedback if posssible. This first one is from a campain of D&D wich im mastering, It is from a kindom wich lacks water, and is filled with mountains, mesas, canyons and dirt, plain and simple. Hope to of seening everybody around!!!

By drahyden at 2009-03-15
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	terracopy.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	11358  
    Last edited by Steel General; 03-17-2009 at 06:40 AM.
    Look inside of me, and melted in blood, there's a black hearth waiting to draw peace.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

First off...Welcome Aboard!

Secondly...since you posted a map in your intro post have a bit of what we here call 'rep' *bonk* (its really just a way of letting folks now that you appreciate/like/enjoy their work, etc.)

I took the liberty of editing your post and re-uploading your image to utlize the 'preview' function built into the boards. That way it doesn't take up so much space.

Now on to the map... It's very interesting, with the color scheme it really looks more volcanic or demonic than arid/desert like. Was that intentional?
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah, "volcanic caves" is what I thought off immediately especially since the surrounding area is black (suggesting a solidly filled area).

Nice map Have you planned on plotting any roads / paths to the map ? It would add some detail and help grasping the red line of this map.

First of all, thanks for the feedback. I created this map for an adventure that im DMing, Terra is actually a waterless kindom, not so much a desert, but more of like a canyon, mountain and mesa filled place. It is quite dificult to build roads in a landscape like this so much of the people here prefer just walking the long known shortcuts between mountains and canyons. Also traveling in flying ships, from the mountain tops, for really long journeys. The color plalette i used here tended more towards deep brown more than hot colors, but then again, while i was making this map, i realised that it is a very hostile land and used more agressive colors to denote it. The mountains are more like sleeping volcanoes but the rocks on the surface are composed of Pirite and magnetite giving those fantastic reds and yellows. I'll upload a fresh map of my volcanic land soon. I look forward of been an active member of this community, and please, eny suggestion is welcome.
    Look inside of me, and melted in blood, there's a black hearth waiting to draw peace.