Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Regional Map Practice

When I thought about the small bumbs, I realized there is an easy fix to get rid of them on the areas you don't want them. Just "render" two images, one with the bumbs (so the rivers get placed right) and one without any rivers & bumbs. Then use photoshop, align the two pictures, place on top the one without the bumbs, set opacity to ~50%, and use eraser on the areas where rivers etc are shown, to expose them from the layer underneath. This way you will have the rivers exactly where you want them, and you can decide wether you want any bumbs or not
    EDIT: And afterwards, just set the top layer opacity back to 100%

Thanks Jykke. I will try it in Gimp.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Quote Originally Posted by Torq View Post
    Thanks Jykke. I will try it in Gimp.

Torq
    I hope it works, atleast in THEORY it should I've realized that in some cases you can't get all you want in one picture.. but you have to make a composite image.. and here it should work just perfectly

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

An easier fix is back in the Wilbur stages...when you select the flat spots and then fill them with percentage noise use the feather before the noise. This way tiny flat spots sort of get deselected. Plus there's always the blur as well.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

True, thats probably an easier fix. Thanks Ascension. Still, I dont think I want to get rid of all the bumps. I quite like the isolated ones on the mountains themselves.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12