Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Safeton city map CD3

Default PDF Creator

I recently started using CC3 and have had problems with crashing so I decided to try this PDF Creator but when I do, it only exports the dungeons I've made without the sheet effects. How can I include them?

Quote Originally Posted by snuggums View Post
    I recently started using CC3 and have had problems with crashing so I decided to try this PDF Creator but when I do, it only exports the dungeons I've made without the sheet effects. How can I include them?
    Make sure your PRINT dialogs look like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PDFPRINT..png 
Views:	67 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	23121

You can set tiling, etc, to what you need. Of importance is the SHEETS section.

Also, ensure your image is displayed with the sheet effects currently activated.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Wip

Wow! It's been a year and a half since I started this thread. In the meantime, I've resumed work on the map, and a work in progress copy is below.

My attachment shows a fairly straightforward CD3 map with the buildings completed, before trees and labelling and so forth have been done. I imported a fair amount of bitmapped art into the drawing to improve the look of the map, like the city walls, the castle, a domed structure, docks, and watercraft.

Although it's a reasonably serviceable map as it stands, what stopped my progress last year is that I want to create a map that shows changes in elevation and other terrain features in a more visual way than I am able to do with CD3.

At the time, I didn't know how to do that. But my skills have improved since then, so it's time to see if I can create the look I'm hoping for. My plan is to create terrain in PSE and merge the two together.

More to come.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Safeton CD3 style.png 
Views:	447 
Size:	4.53 MB 
ID:	29088  

Cool. Looking good so far...I often use both programs on city maps to get a better result.

Are you planning to add more buildings? There is so much space inside the walls, and I am wondering what you are going to do with it.
    Last edited by Aval Penworth; 09-10-2010 at 11:05 AM.
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

Quote Originally Posted by Aval Penworth View Post
    Cool. Looking good so far...I often use both programs on city maps to get a better result.

Are you planning to add more buildings? There is so much space inside the walls, and I am wondering what you are going to do with it.

Thanks! The question of density of buildings is one I've thought about a lot and wrestled with in my mind since I started the map. I want my terrain contours to be visible, and I haven't come across a satisfying technique to make an area filled with buildings appear three dimensional. So the empty space, or a fair bit of it. will be filled with terrain, and vegetation, labelling, etc.

Another reason for the areas of varying building density is that I'm endeavoring to depict a city undergoing growth, with old city districts by the water, featuring areas of dense buildings surrounded by stone walls, and a new city that is springing up inside a wooden wall & earthen rampart, with less dense bldgs and growing haphazardly.

This'll become evident ... hopefully!!! when the terrain is mated up.
    Last edited by nematode; 09-10-2010 at 12:11 PM.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nice!! as a WoG fanatic I am eagerly watching this!!..as an aside my character has had a few shall we say "balance challenged" nights at the Angry Mermaid....lol
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

A WoG fan! Awesome!

Here is a WIP shot of the terrain, done in PSE. Major to do's before marrying it to the structures in CD3 are add more vegetation, improve the roads, get the rocks where I'm happy with em. The roads and the rocks - especially the rocks - have been hard for me.

And after reviewing the image I'll also need to tone down the swampy draw. The PNG really brings out the dark swamp texture.

Name:	Safeton PSE WIP Sep10.png 
Views:	139 
Size:	4.64 MB 
ID:	29116  

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It really looks great. With the tweaks you described you should be well on the way to a excellent map. The rocks shape and detail look very good.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Default Sections combined

Here are the CD3 and PSE parts of the map combined.

Name:	Oct01 Image ds2.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	458.9 KB 
ID:	29862  

Bravo. I congratulate you on a fine job.

You could probably do a little more to blend the imported elements into your PS scene, but that is really just nit-picking. Well done.
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast