Thread: [unpaid]Hey all

Post [unpaid]Hey all

Hi there,

I'm Chris and I'm sure some of you have seen me float around various forums and sites before, but that's not why7 I'm here.

I need a large, colour geographic map of Europe -- with all the forests and mountains but little political stuff. Can anybody help me.

I'll probably be working it over quite severely in Photoshop or something similar.

Thanks.

Cheers,

Chris.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!

Have you tried Google Earth for your map? You may find something there that you can use.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

Yeah, search on these forums for Blue Marble. There was a link I posted to a site hosting a higher res version of them than the native NASA site one - which to be fair is pretty high res anyway. The Blue marble is just color terrain, no names or anything on it at all and best of all its public domain.

Professional Artist

Here.

Not just for Europe, but for the whole world. And it's very, very large, which is why I didn't link directly to the images, which are found under "Landcover, shaded relief, water; Western Hemisphere (111MB) and Eastern Hemisphere (181.4MB).

-Rob

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wikipedia (And their Commons) are another good source for selected maps and satellite image composites. The licensing may or may not be suitable for you (check the individual images).