Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tactical Troops Maps

VTT looks interesting. I'll focus on it when i finish my boardgame. Those tools are great, i'll surely be using them when preparing VTT campaings.
    Does anybody have more comments on my boards?

It all depends on the kind of look and feel you're going for. If you explained in a bit more detail (maybe posting an example that you like) I'd be happy to help further. E.g. are you going for the kind of graphic look of an ASL board?

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    It all depends on the kind of look and feel you're going for. If you explained in a bit more detail (maybe posting an example that you like) I'd be happy to help further. E.g. are you going for the kind of graphic look of an ASL board?
    I don't have any examples that i'm basing on. I've made it from scratch.
    ASL boards looks fun, but i'm focusing on CQB (Close Quarter Battle) - fights between walls rather than open space.
    My intention is to make simple high-tech base, with clear hex grid.

Are you interested in the boards being geomorphic (like the ASL boards) where you can line them up in different configurations and have the terrain "line-up" between maps? From what I gather you're looking to generate maps that are like ASL but on a smaller scale (room-to-room instead of village-to-village).

As for suggestions, I think there should probably be more terrain types in a base. Right now I see: open floor, crates/barrels, pipes, walls, green/pink stuff, and a spaceship. I would suggest some computers/equipment, rubble or fallen walls, debris, tables, chairs, or other "cover" terrain. Perhaps a pit or other floor opening. Also, smoke or fire would make for an interesting tactical scenario. (If that what you are going for.)

In general the maps look a bit clean and bright for what I think you're going for (Aliens or Starship Troopers). Perhaps a darker background or make the background more grungy. Adding some dirt, burns, or debris would make it look like it was attacked.

Gameprinter and I have already done something similar (with square grids) if you'd like some ideas: Planetary Colony Tiles, Starship Sections

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12