Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gatehouse Dimetric

Awesome map. My only suggestion is to change the ballistas and trebuchet positions on the 5th and 6th floors. Ballistas are direct fire weapons. Trebuchets are indirect fire weapons requiring a lot of overhead for tossing the missile into the air. Unless your ceilings are over 10m in height ...
    "Wherever you go, there you are." -- Buckaroo Banzai

This is awesome, reminds me a lot of kid's books with castle cut outs (and adult's beech as well ).

Quote Originally Posted by methodermis View Post
    Very cool gatehouse, a real sense of.. realness. I think it would be short work to whip it up in Google Sketchup for some perspective and alternate views as well.
    Thanks. Actually the initial comments from Redrobes for this very same map convinced me to try Sketchup. I'm now a die-hard Sketchup fanatic. I look at this now and just shake my head at how much effort I put into it and how much easier it would have been with Sketchup. Here's a link to a more recent map I did -- this time with Sketchup.

http://www.rlucci.com/images/wharfmastermanor.jpg

It took me about half the time I put into the gatehouse. I can hardly believe it's only been about a month since I posted this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Good Doctor View Post
    Awesome map. My only suggestion is to change the ballistas and trebuchet positions on the 5th and 6th floors. Ballistas are direct fire weapons. Trebuchets are indirect fire weapons requiring a lot of overhead for tossing the missile into the air. Unless your ceilings are over 10m in height ...
    Ravells is correct, my intention was to have the trebuchet between the two towers which would give it all the headroom it needed. But your observation brings to light the confusion this format can cause. Maybe I should revisit this map...
    Last edited by rlucci; 04-18-2009 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rlucci View Post
    Here's a link to a more recent map I did -- this time with Sketchup.

http://www.rlucci.com/images/wharfmastermanor.jpg
    Very nice map you have there. Some nice architecture also.
    Have some rep. You should think about showing the image in a seperate thread on this forum. That might convert some more people to Sketchup

(edit: been surfing your site and apparently you like to draw women? very nice work)
    Last edited by Gandwarf; 04-18-2009 at 06:34 AM.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Blaidd Drwg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rlucci View Post
    I thought it turned out pretty neat even if it's just a simple line drawing.
    I think that's precisely why it is so neat. Simplicity has a charm of its own. I've always liked drawings such as this one, ever since a studied architecture. Makes me wanna play with autocad again.

And D&D too. A combat encounter in and around the gatehouse could be pretty good. Especially with players defending it. Mine always get ****ed when they need to attack too heavily defended areas

Rep to you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12