Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I.C.E. Temple Contest Winners

Post Actually...

Actually, our last sponsored challenge was January a couple months ago, which I sponsored and Bohunk won, we also drew quite a large entry base too.

I will suggest the idea to ICE - good idea, Ravs!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Uhm...... I guess it's impossible to get the winning entry and the runners up without hexes, but with 1" grid?

Post Its possible for mine!

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix Sorcica View Post
    Uhm...... I guess it's impossible to get the winning entry and the runners up without hexes, but with 1" grid?

Because the contest was for Iron Crown, and ICE works with hex grids (1 hex = 3 feet/1 meter) that was a requirement for these map entries.

However, since I dropped the Hex grid as a layer in my vector app, Xara Xtreme, its nothing for me to pull the hex grid and replace with 1" = 5' square grid.

Is that something you desire, Matrix Sorcica?

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Yeah same with mine, it's just a layer in PS. Easy enough to remove if someone wants it without it or with a square grid.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

An ungridded version of mine can be found here:
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...?t=4586&page=2

How precisely do you want your square grid to fit to the scale of the hexes? Here's a square grid version of mine:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IceTempleSquareGrid.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	572.6 KB 
ID:	11597

Congrats Game Printer!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Congrats all!

If you were wonding what to buy with your loot, have a look at the Rolemaster GM Law book... The first 70 pages are GM/DM gold regaurdless of your rp system preference. All of their source books are very detailed as well. For systems, I find Rolemaster to play a bit complex and slow for my taste, but HARP seems to be quite the trimmed down quick pace version of it.

Look foreward to seeing the next contest! If I had internet and more time I would even try to enter!
    Last edited by loogie; 03-24-2009 at 06:31 AM.
    Photoshop, CC3, ArcGIS, Bryce, Illustrator, Maptool

Post You have to enter!

Quote Originally Posted by loogie View Post
    Look foreward to seeing the next contest! If I had internet and more time I would even try to enter!
    Loogie, you're the guy who introduced us to this contest in the first place, I expected you to enter the first time. Even if you don't have internet all the time, you seemed to have gotten online long enough to post this. That means you can create your map "offline" than even once a month you go online to upload the file to Iron Crown.

You have no excuse not to enter, besides there were only four entries last time, if you had entered, you'd have one a prize! Get one in there for next, please!!

GP
    DrivethruRPG store

Quote Originally Posted by torstan View Post
    An ungridded version of mine can be found here:
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...?t=4586&page=2

How precisely do you want your square grid to fit to the scale of the hexes? Here's a square grid version of mine:
    Thanks! This is an amazing map and I know I will be using this for a climatic battle!

In a perfect world, the grid map would be the same size as the hex map (that is, if the hex map is 200' from one side to the other, it should be 200' from one side to the other in the grid version). That is what you have done, right?

How is the resolution for printing (sorry, I new at this)?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12