Thread: Free Tree generation software

Post Free Tree generation software

This looks familiar and someone may have posted it previously, so forgive me if it is already up. I searched, but couldn't find it. Let me know if it is under a different name or something.

From Stitched on the RPTools forums:

Hey all,

Found this little bit of software that generates procedural trees, with shadows (Windows only, sorry Mac and Linux users).

Software located here: http://www.frecle.net/treed/tree%5Bd%5D-setup300.exe

More info. on it here : http://www.frecle.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=780

If you swing the camera to its highest limit, you can use Gimp or another screen-capture software to rip an image. With the solid grey backdrop, it's dead simple to apply a Colour to Alpha filter on it.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Nice find! These trees look great
    All of my work is protected by Creative Commons Licences except when noticed otherwise somewhere in the thread. Click here to see what that means.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Neat stuff...thanks for posting RP.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Reminds me of something I found called Easy Tree Generator...only played with it a few times. Will give this one a whirl as well.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps