Thread: Gaijinoshima

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Gaijinoshima

OK, started working on my "Foreigner's Port" of Gaijinoshima, the starting location for my Kaidan campaign arc. This town is largely inhabited by Eta caste (Hungry Ghost realm), the lowest tier in the Kaidanese social structure. Merchants, prostitutes, yakuza, butchers, tanners and longshoreman are all members of that caste and residents of Gaijinoshima.

Of course "Gaijin" means foreigners or outsiders, and "shima" means island.

Although there is currently a Kaidanese merchant ship in port, I plan to place a western styled caravel or comparable next to it to the south - as the ship that brings the PCs into this world.

I'm about a third complete, need more buildings to place and more to create. I plan to place some walled off sections of town, to divide between various castes.

Gaijinoshima is an anomalous place in that though part of the empire, it falls outside the planar construct of the Wheel of Life and a place that Kaidanese do not want to die, as they are exempt from reincarnation here. That is why the Eta have been forced to be the primary inhabitants. There are a few craftsmen, fisherman, a garrison of samurai under the lead of a hatamoto appointed "ruler", though these latter members do not live in Gaijinoshima, rather dwell across the bay in the city of Uesaki on the mainland. They come here in shifts of 12 hours to work their occupations, but return each day to shore as their opposition shift arrives.

Work in progress map of Gaijinoshima...

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gaijinoshima-map.jpg 
Views:	297 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	11548  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations