Thread: CC3: duplicating a portion of a path?

Post CC3: duplicating a portion of a path?

I have another newbie question about CC3: I've drawn my first continent, and embarked on drawing and placing geographical features before moving on.

But I don't know what the most effective way of doing this: let's say I draw an island, and I want most of this island to be mountainous, very rough terrain with huge abrupt cliffs, and I need to somehow draw that information on the map (because inhospitable coast like these would affect population movements over time, settlements placement, and ultimately naval trade routes and zone of political influence). And at a later stage, I'll encounter the same issue with political border when ost of these borders are coast and other contours or object like rivers and mountains.

I don't want to draw that by hand, since it's fractal coast, it'll be a nightmare to all re-do it by hand.

Is there a way to duplicate the path of these objects? The best tool would be like a mouse selected area, then duplicate paths present on specific layers or sheets and merge them onto a new object?

Then I could manually adjust the nodes of that new object if needed, put it on the political layer/sheet, and voilà!

Anything like this? How do you solve this issue on your maps?

I second the demand : i'm facing the same problem for a glacier.

Thanks

I think this thread may answer your questions.

http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=3516
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Thanks you. Trace option does the job well !