Thread: Catacomb map spanning a whole city

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Apprentice

Post Catacomb map spanning a whole city

As a challenge, I decided some time ago to see if I could create a whole city map for my D&D campaign. After all, my players would spend much time and adventure there, and a complete plan would be interesting.

Then I decided that many of the city's most interesting places adventure-wise would be in its abandoned catacombs/mines (technically, they're not catacombs but rather an ossuary, but I digress).

So I made some kind of realistic plan the players would get before diving inside. Knowing strictly nothing about catacombs, I spent some time on the internet learning about them and finally found the detailed plans of the Catacombs of Paris, which were great inspiration. I then shamelessly borrowed elements from them.

I created my plan... in Microsoft Word. Just like the city map, actually. While I never finished the city map, I include it for comparison as both plans are quite related.

Note that the catacomb plans come with glorious French annotations about places, monsters and dangers.

(Edit: For some dumb reason, Word red-underlined what it interpreted as spelling mistakes before exporting, and that even though I had disabled spell-checking. Glad I switched to Photoshop Elements.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Catacombes.png 
Views:	5028 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	11570   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Onust.png 
Views:	4143 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	11571  
    Last edited by Ceraus; 03-21-2009 at 11:21 PM.