Thread: Obligatory

Map Obligatory

This is my obligatory Pasis-written-tutorial-following map (perhaps we should find a better name for that?). It seems everyone and their mother has tried their hand at it, because it is an amazing tutorial, as signified by the award it won fairly recently. Churned this sucker out in one day, though perhaps that's not much of an accomplishment, since it's only 1024x768. Also found the thread on the Cartographer's Guild compass, which I utilized. Not sure if I like the glow that much.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chuck_map5.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	918.3 KB 
ID:	11651  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Looks good - though I think that the glow on the compass rose might be a bit overdone
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Apprentice

River-police warning, but some of those rivers do not quite make sense, unless there's a huge variation in altitudes in some of those forested areas, leading to rivers running in what appears to be circles ; )

But otherwise, good looking stuff. The mountains appear a little coarse but I like the woodland and water appearances.

Zaramis - I did part of this in Wilbur and kind of hoped to God that it knew what it was talking about. Also, there are supposed to be a large amount of hills in those forests, though I guess it doesn't show too well.