Thread: Small Vilage by a river

Post Small Vilage by a river

Here is the latest map for my game. A small village along side a river. I may redo this as a winter scene as well.

I did notice that I need to tweak the bridge where it joins the road a bit more, but otherwise this is close to finished. Any thoughts/comments are always appreciated.

Once again, it is all put together in Vue 7.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	village by the rivertop.jpg 
Views:	504 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	11657   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	village by the river side view.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	271.4 KB 
ID:	11658   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	village by the river v3a.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	329.1 KB 
ID:	11659  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I could look at things like this all day long...imagining myself wandering down the path. Nice stuff. The roofs in the ISO views seem to shine quite a bit tho. Gimme more please
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected JoeyD473's Avatar

I think this is awsome, and something I could never do.

The bridge itself is too shiny, but doesn't need tweaking other that that. The road to the south (Southwest, whatever) side of it needs to be brought down a little to conntect properly to the bridge

The ISO (that's the top down view right? (One day I will learn carography terms)) isn't the only part with roofs being too shiny, some of the roofs in the other two pics are too shiny as well (and the bridge as I said before).

on the shadows for the trees, some of them on the lower left side seem to be going in a slightly different direction, however it coudl just be my eyes playing tricks on me, because I don't have an eye for details like that

Post Great comments

I did notice the shine on teh slate roofs and rock bridge, I'll take a look at that. Still working on lining the bridge up with the roads. It is a bit of a challenge, since the roads are a texture which do not show up until I render the view.

Thanks for the comments.