Thread: Star Map - Emaria

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map Star Map - Emaria

So, I'm new to this forum, and semi-new to doing maps from scratch like this. Emaria's a universe I use for writing, and will hopefully one day be the setting for one or more books. I decided that the star cluster in which everything relevant takes place would be fun to map, so after a couple rough drafts I've finished the Emarion Universe Map, version 3, and here it is:

All of this was done in The Gimp, using filters and all manner of things. I also used a couple renderers I found online, though I can't remember the names. They created basically the starscape in the background and the shadowed planet in the logo.

Also of note is that Paradeisos is in an unknown location (it's basically the Emarion equivalent of Heaven) so I put it out of the way in the corner to sort of show that.

I'm sure this is junk compared to things that people who do this for a real hobby put out, but I figured I'd share it here, since I discovered this site in the process of finding ideas of how to portray the stars closer up in individual solar system maps, which I hope to be my next mapping project.

Edit: Added the new version 5 map.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Universe5.png 
Views:	4539 
Size:	832.4 KB 
ID:	25151   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UniverseMap.png 
Views:	2785 
Size:	869.3 KB 
ID:	11668  
    Last edited by Eathanu; 05-26-2010 at 03:51 AM.