Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Crypt of the Mad Monk

Wip Crypt of the Mad Monk

I've never entered a contest for mapping. I've been happy making tokens and maps solely for myself. I was looking at GP's work and thinking how completely backwards it is from my own approach. No offense meant to him being backward.. I mean I am just as backward from his approach.

So here is my 1st nights work, based on a rough sketch. This is just a screen shot so it may be blurry, the working file is quite large at the moment.

-D
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CryptofV.png 
Views:	789 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	11698  
    Last edited by DevinNight; 03-25-2009 at 07:02 AM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Looks good so far. I'll be very interested to see how this goes.

Thanks.
    I ended up putting another hour into it and would probably work for another 2 except I have to go to bed.

This is a closer shot of the upper left where I have a deeper room, and a transition of the old crypts into the new expansion.

Name:	CryptofV2.png 
Views:	356 
Size:	791.4 KB 
ID:	11699  

Post Backwards?!

Its not so much that I chose to create my dungeon from the rooms upward to the crypt complex, its just I had definite ideas I wanted to implement in a few of the various chambers. Yet, I had no idea, until tonight what my crypt was going to look like. Last minute decisions so to speak, and with tonight's result.

I consider it a compliment, that you decided to emulate my Vampiress Crypt in your own style. Thank you DevinNight, at least I consider it a compliment.

Just so you know, the I.C.E. contest is to create a Crypt, not necessarily a Crypt of a Vampiress, that was just my take on the direction I intended to go. Not to say, you shouldn't create one, just name it differently so as not to confuse the voting on the I.C.E. boards.

Check out mine, DN. I'm done!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

I really am sorry GP, I didn't have a chance to read the contest... I thought they wanted something with a vampiress. I will change the theme and the name. Now I look like the guy who runs around taking other peoples ideas and insults their way of doing things. Which I try not to do. Again my appologies.

Can a Mod please change the name to Crypt of the Mad Monk.

-D
    Last edited by DevinNight; 03-25-2009 at 07:07 AM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Thread name changed per request
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Here is what I could do this morning and early afternoon.
    current file size is large 20 x30 inches 8-9 layers around 600mb.

Name:	ICEcrypt3.jpg 
Views:	8254 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	11719  

Super cool. I'm not used to one square being six foot, but that's OK. I wanna see a big version when you're all done!

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Looks great so far.

I guess from the scale that you saw that it needs 3' hexes as the final grid.

I love the concept of a mad monk. Very gothic.

Wait.. Hexes! I guess I really need to learn how to read.
    Who uses hexes for indoor mapping? If the hexes don't overlay very well I might have to scrap this as an entry.

Anyway, here is my work for today. I need to add some serious cobwebs and stuff even more crap in there.. I want it to feel a bit claustraphobic.

Thanks for the comments so far, I'm open to any comments on the work.

Name:	crypt4.png 
Views:	3563 
Size:	467.9 KB 
ID:	11761  

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast