Thread: Dodoriko Region

Map Dodoriko Region

Hello again my fellow cartographers!!!

I'm back again with another map. This is an other style i've practiced, hope you like it... This is my last creation, no quite for any particular game, i just had a few minutes free. As always, i apreciate feedback.

So with no more delays here is it, the Dodoriko Region:

See you later
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Forest.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	870.4 KB 
ID:	11700  
    Look inside of me, and melted in blood, there's a black hearth waiting to draw peace.

Looks good already! Two things:
    - I think the forest would look better if you give the trees trunks.
    - I'd soften (the lines of) the mountains. The mountains are now the most prominent objects on the map, while i think the places of interest and the roads should be that.

Think it will look better if you fix these two things! (Although it does look good already)
    Last edited by Chaosorcerer; 03-25-2009 at 03:49 AM.
    All of my work is protected by Creative Commons Licences except when noticed otherwise somewhere in the thread. Click here to see what that means.

I don't think the forest is the biggest issue here. I had to take a few seconds and just look at the map to realize those brownish sections were mountains (labelling helped also) . Maybe you should try building the mountains so that the height field is more logical, just a thought . What I especially liked about this map, is the style of the torn paper & texture of it (maybe you could smoothen the edges just a bit). With more time you could easily take this style a bit further and produce great unique style maps.

Post Here's a correction

Thanks for the replies, here, i tryed to pull something out how's this?

Minor changes, some altitude texture to the mountains, and the tree trunks

Thanks for watching, feedback, really improves my map making, because in want to know where i could be better.

See you soon
    Look inside of me, and melted in blood, there's a black hearth waiting to draw peace.

Not uploaded yet...
    Embarrasing...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Forest2.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	869.0 KB 
ID:	11728  

Make the trunks a little bigger, they are barely visible. Beyond that the map is awesome!