Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I.C.E. Crypt Contest

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Wip Latest WIP - small update

Well my time available to work on this keeps fluctuating based on how busy I am at work. Had a bit of time today to work on some more of the content on the different rooms.

Keep the C&C coming
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ICE-Crypt Contest5.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	3.27 MB 
ID:	12247  
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I love the gold emblems inlaid in the floor.
    Is that an arch at the end of the stairs or just the illusion of an entrance?
    If I could make one suggestion, fix the stairs in the upper right room so that they don't bleed into your emboss for the wall.

Looking real good.

@DevinNight - Thanks...Yup it's supposed to be an archway at the entrance, wanted to keep it fairly subtle though. I was a little worried that the medallions didn't look right, but it looks like they came out OK. I'll take another look at the stairs, probably just need a touch more of eraser.

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Wow, totally missed this map so far. This is starting to look really nice, Steel General! I love the textures and the gold emblems. Is that a raven in the southern circle?

The only thing that's a bit confusing to me: these crypts are built in the mountain, right? Sometimes it looks like they are platforms on the mountain. But maybe that's just me. Otherwise very cool!

Have some rep for encouragement.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

@Gandwarf - Thanks for the rep. I'm enjoying working on this one, hit a bot of a block at the moment regarding content - don't want to over do things but at the same time don't want it to sparse either.

Yes it is a raven - so are the small ones in the room with the sarcophagus. The whole crypt has the raven motif.

The crypt is built into the mountain/hill even though the steps lead up from the entrance.

Wip Another small update

Added some more content:
    1. Treasure Room: Additional chests, a shield and helmet (couldn't find one with bird wings so I 'punted')
    2. Shrine: Urns
    3. Main Entrance/Hallway: Embossed ravens on floor
    Might be one or 2 other minor changes/fixes. Getting close to calling it done.

Name:	ICE-Crypt Contest6.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	3.25 MB 
ID:	12478  

Wip OK I think I'm finally done

@Ravs - Thanks

OK here's what I'm thinking is the final update before I send it off to I.C.E.

Hopefully I didn't overdo it with the raven/crow motif.

As always C&C is welcomed.

Name:	ICE-Crypt Contest7.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	4.29 MB 
ID:	12523  

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    Hopefully I didn't overdo it with the raven/crow motif.
    Actually, I think you overdid it. Personally I would lose the 3 ravens/crows on the floor in the corridor up north. And the 2 ravens/crows on the floor of the first room.

The three ravens on the floor leading to the pedestal in the top right room are looking very nicely though.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

@Gandwarf - I was kinda thinking along those same lines, but didn't want to second-guess myself.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast