Thread: Greetings.

Post Greetings.

Greetings, everyone. It seems as though this is the proper place for my introduction, so I shall post it here in brief:

I've been writing short stories and roleplaying in my fantasy setting ("Altair") since 2000. One of my fellow roleplayers ("Amerz") happened to be getting a degree in animation, so she has agreed to turn one of my old roleplaying campaigns into a graphic novel (Overtures).

Though Amerz is doing much of the drawing for me, I managed to cobble together some maps for Altair back in 2002. It is a multiplanetary setting roughly analogous to 18th-century Europe (i. e., harpsichords, stockings, tri-cornered hats, steam engines, printing presses, the occasional pompadour, etc.), with a great deal of Harry Potter-esque magic, and the usual Tolkienesque races (Gnomes, Dwarves, etc.).

At any rate, I've been meaning to revise my maps for years now, and look forward to looking at this forum for advice and inspiration. My old 2002 maps are posted on DeviantArt.

Cheerio.
    Last edited by AltairUniverse; 03-26-2009 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Edited in an attempt to distinguish the DeviantArt link from the title of the graphic novel.

Thank ye kindly, sir.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Indeed, those are great. I particularly like the compass!

Compass roses have always been my favorite part to draw. Their geometry is naturally aesthetically appealing.

Thanks!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Welcome to the Guild!

Some nice hand-drawn maps, and bring back some memories of my own hand drawn maps.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave