Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sandpoint Cathedral

Post Sandpoint Cathedral

Hey all. My group's currently playing Rise of the Runelords series from Paizo and one of my players wanted to know about the interior of the cathedral. It was such an odd shaped building that I had to play around with a number of plans before I came up with something workable.

An off-hand comment from Redrobes on my last post made me want to learn Sketchup. So I did. I downloaded it this weekend and am very glad I did. What a fun, easy-to-learn app. So, this is my very first Sketchup map (with some post-work in Photoshop).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SP-Cath-SU.jpg 
Views:	4045 
Size:	489.7 KB 
ID:	11762  

Very architecturally elegant. I like how the concept suggests that the Stonehenge-like circle in the center existed before the cathedral was erected around it. Intriguing!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Extremely cool - I would dub thee newly repped, but must spread some more 'love' around.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I love playing around with SketchUp as well...this looks great.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

That is very cool. Good work.

Unfortunately I cannot rep, but this is some very nice work!
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Blog Entries

Very nice - one day I will play with sketchup. After I made that 'off hand' comment I went over to your site and looked at your faces... your no 3D newbie huh !!! Nice work - id rep but I too need to whore it a bit more before bonking any more.

Very nice! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by rlucci View Post
    Hey all. My group's currently playing Rise of the Runelords series from Paizo and one of my players wanted to know about the interior of the cathedral. It was such an odd shaped building that I had to play around with a number of plans before I came up with something workable.

An off-hand comment from Redrobes on my last post made me want to learn Sketchup. So I did. I downloaded it this weekend and am very glad I did. What a fun, easy-to-learn app. So, this is my very first Sketchup map (with some post-work in Photoshop).
    This inspired me to try Sketchup myself. I am currently working on a city map done in a 16th c. woodcut style, and Sketchup may be very useful in getting the perspectives right.

Great map too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast