Thread: Hi Everyone

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Hi Everyone

Hi everyone,

My name is Gaz, DungeonMasterGaz. I got my name playing arcade games when I was 14. Someone always had GAZ on the high score table so, because I’d just started playing D&D, I put DMG on the high scores so I could be identified, and the name stuck. So did the roleplaying. Now it’s 26 years and 1000’s of games later and I’m just as passionate as ever.

I’ve been lurking on this forum, with increasing regularity, since the back end of 2008 and, let me tell you, what a bunch of amazing cartographers you all are! The maps that you all post are the best I’ve ever come across. Pure quality, and that’s the reason I keep coming back. I’ve spent so many hours browsing through all the posts and drooling over your outstanding maps that I thought it was time to introduce myself.

My love of maps and cartography started when I opened The Hobbit and my gaze fell on Thorin’s map. Since then I’ve used everything, from the squared pages of my maths books, cello taped together and using brown felt-tip triangles for mountains and green felt-tip circles for forests to Photoshop and Gimp to pursue my passion. Right now I use the Campaign Cartographer suite for my maps, simply because I lack time, nowadays, and CC seems to be really fast for me to use while producing some great results. It’s the kind of speed I need running two games of D&D!

So, thanks to everyone for the untold hours of entertainment I’ve had browsing your excellent work. I hope I can repay the favour by sharing some of mine with you.

DMG

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.