Thread: Athil: The Plunder Isle

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map Athil: The Plunder Isle

This is my first post of a finished map.

I’m a keen user of all the CC3 products, and this map was created by colouring the symbols from the Cartographer’s Annual Black & White Overland mapping style. I added my own choice of drawing tools to draw the terrain elevations and created my own sheet effects to get the look I wanted.

The island is a location in my 4E D&D campaign setting.

Brief Background
    Athil is a relatively young nation. It was first settled 90 years ago by a contingent of Iron Sentinels from the city-state of Bel-Moth who set up a penal colony at Helgaunt to house their most notorious and bloodthirsty criminals. The colony was a success until the prisoners rebelled in 1,495 CR and overthrew the governor. Within a year the rebel prisoners had established the Athilan Syndicate and the pirate state of Athil was born.

The Athilan people gained their prowess on the ocean after they were plunged into a naval war with Ithlond shortly after the prison rebellion. In a trial by fire, their naval skills were honed to perfection as they triumphed over the numerically superior Ithlons. Since then, Athilan ships have preyed on shipping in the Sea of Mists and beyond, becoming a terrifying force to be reckoned with.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Athil.jpg 
Views:	542 
Size:	127.6 KB 
ID:	11767