Thread: Map for Trade...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Map for Trade...

Just posting the first of the maps that I am doing for trade in getting Kaidan published as an adventure arc and setting.

The publisher, Dementia 5, is creating a Victorian Era Vampire D&D Adventure. He requires a ficticious neighborhood in London, which is the map posted here. Tomorrow night I need to create the first floor of one of those townhouse mansions in this neighborhood, as well as a map of that train station to the west of this map.

Next I have to make two train cars. One an aristocrats private coach car, and another private car used as a private laboratory on the track.

Then I need to create a small country village with a small train station and an old Keep on top of a hill. Finally I need to make a 30 room map of that keep in the style of my Lair of Lhessadrak map, which is Duchess Doku's residence - the vampiress of the storyline.

I'll post those maps here, when I am complete.

Although this is for publication, you can download and use it for personal use as per CC, but no posting elsewhere online or other publications, please.

Also when this adventure is published, I will post a link to the product here as well, probably a $5 or $6 PDF download.

Now the ficticious neighborhood of London map...

GP

PS: I might create a simple tutorial afterward, I've learned a new trick using Xara Xtreme Pro. I draw straight and curved lines (the roads and railroad tracks), I make them various width lines like 24 point to 48 point lines, then I "convert line to shape", give the new shape a texture. This way I don't have to draw both sides of the road trying to things parallel, etc. Very easy to do. And that railroad track - the rails is an object with 4 point loutline, transparent center, then I cut the ends of the box. Next I draw a fatter line, convert to shape, apply a seamless old wood texture, then apply a repeating linear gradient transparency and create the wood beneath the rails - easy and fast!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	london.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	11769  
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 03-27-2009 at 01:36 AM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations