Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tanners' Row, Haffenburg

<Grin> No problem.

The best way to get an svg or eps into your Illustrator file is to use Illustrator's Open dialogue, copy the objects, and paste them into your target document. From there, you can manipulate them like any other vector object.

I chose svg rather than the Illustrator format for wider compatibility, just in case an Inkscape user wanted to grab it. I'm not sure if the blur effect will work in Inkscape, though.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

I'm diggin' the map, it's got a neat feel to it. Although since it's not completed, you might want to get Ascension to flex his new CL muscles and toss it over to a WIP forum.

I do like the map though... I'm gonna have to learn Illustrator one of these days.

-IG

Post Nice Work

Very Nice work. Nice hand-drawn feel, and I like the black and white. But...

Crits; The buildings on the edges do not match the mid-map buildings (which are more subdued). I'm not sure if this was your intention, and if it was, I'm not sure what it means.

I must agree with Industrygothica, I think this should be in WIP thread. As you say it's part of a larger city, and you do want your city to districts to match, the piece isn't quite a stand-alone map, and may well change as you produce new districts (you may discover new style and decide you like it more, subsequently the style of this map will change to suit).

All said, I still think it's good work, and look forward to seeing more.
    Doubt is an unpleasant condition, but certainty is absurd. -Voltaire

The opaque filter over Tanners' Row is how I'm distinguishing each district from those surrounding it. Yeah, not sure if it works. I also agree with industrygothica, and if an admin-type-person could move Tanners' Row over to WIP, that would be grand.
    John
    p.s. Look out for Haffenberg.

John

Thanks.

And there seems to be room left in the post for a quick mention of Haffenberg.

And, yes I know I've spelt them differently. I'm rubbish.

John

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12